Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue wiring PRS Vintage Bass with Dimarzio Tonezone

Hi,

In a two pickup guitar I had things working fine with a PRS VB in the neck and HFS in the bridge, 3 way switch and coil tap.

I decided I wanted to try the Tonezone in the bridge.

The PRS neck was wired with white (hot), black to ground, red as the split.

The Dimarzio wiring diagrams say when combining with another Dimarzio and coiil tap that the bridge should have red as the hot, green and bare to ground, black and white for the split.

All the positions sounded fine but the neck+bridge was definitely a bit thinner and lower volume than either the neck or bridge alone.

So I decided perhaps things were ending up in parallel so I followed the neck wiring for the tonezone in the bridge - white as hot, black and bare to ground, red and green for the split.

It sounds exactly the same in the neck + bridge position, thiinner and quieter than either pickup alone.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
    Andy

I fixed it. I decided that I was more likely to end up with just Dimarzios back in the guitar anyway and wanted to split the right coil....so I wired the bridge up as per standard and just swapped the white and black (live and ground) on the PRS. I read somewhere that they have their magnets the other way around to other manufacturers (?) so it was probably just a phase thing.

Comment

Working...
    X