Seymour Duncan blackouts mounting screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan blackouts mounting screws

Hi, i've purchased a used Duncan blackout humbucker.

It came without any mounting screws.

My first thought was to use the screws from the actual active pickup but it does not fit. So before stripping anything, Can anyone give me a link to purchase those screws, or the size required.

Thanks everyone !

No one knows ?

Comment

off the top of my head, i dont. id assume they are the normal size duncan uses but cant be sure

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I just checked my Blackouts. They are indeed, normal humbucker screws.

Comment

When I put Blackouts in my Charvel, I used the screws from the stock JB/59 combo.

Comment

my emgs screws don't fit and i've bought 3/8 screws that don't fit either (even though they were sold for duncans) :/

i guess i won't mount that pickup... pity

Comment

Those kinds of screws would be available at any music store with a drawer full of old pickups. Maybe someone here can help you out as well.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i believe that you want a 3/48 thread about 1.25" long, or a little shorter if you have short leg pups and a shallow cavity

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Those kinds of screws would be available at any music store with a drawer full of old pickups. Maybe someone here can help you out as well.
                    Hi, the answer is "nope".. even my luthier hasn't got any screw that fits....

Comment

It would be good if we could get a look at it. Could you please post pics of the front and back of the pickup?

Comment

Here you go.

Comment

are you in the us or overseas? if you are in the us, is there a fastenal near you? they have or can get everything

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                            are you in the us or overseas? if you are in the us, is there a fastenal near you? they have or can get everything
                            Cool, bookmarking that advice. Never heard of Fastenal before. I could have used the scoop on them a couple months ago when I was searching for replacement direct mount screws used by Schecter.
                            Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

im lucky i have one really close. anything ive ever needed, theyve been able to get for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X