Charvel DK24 HH Wiring Diagram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel DK24 HH Wiring Diagram?

I'm trying to find the wiring diagram for the Charvel DK24 HH 2PT CM or someone who knows how to wire that same configuration...

Yesterday, I drove a friend of mine a few hours away to check out a Charvel DK24 HH that he was really wanting to try out. I was completely blown away and impressed by the tones we were able to pull out of that guitar! It has dual Seymour Duncan humbuckers, with a single volume knob and a single tone knob, but runs through a five position switch giving it coil-split options. It also has a 2-pos switch that flips between series and parallel for the pickups. I fell in love with the tones, but I play jazz and western swing, and if that guitar looked right for a cowboy band, I'd get one for myself! Anyway, I'm trying to find someone who might be able to point me in the right direction to find the wiring diagram for that guitar. I want to put the same setup in one of my archtops, using an Alnico II Pro on the neck and and Jazz Model on the bridge. I have all the hardware and the wiring knowledge, but I'm at a loss as to how this guitar is wired. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

According to Charvel's site, the 5 way looks like my Do It All wiring, with a series/parallel switch thrown in. I can see it being a great wiring set up, too. That is one awesome guitar. My blog post has the 5 way sorted out (which includes flipping the magnet on one pickup), and I am sure someone here can sort out the series/parallel switch.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Welcome to the forum!

According to Charvel's site, the 5 way looks like my Do It All wiring, with a series/parallel switch thrown in. I can see it being a great wiring set up, too. That is one awesome guitar. My blog post has the 5 way sorted out (which includes flipping the magnet on one pickup), and I am sure someone here can sort out the series/parallel switch.
      Thanks! That post was one of the first places I came across while researching this. It's exactly what I'm looking for, just without the master series/parallel switch. If I could figure that out, I'd be set! I might have to get that Charvel away from my buddy and do some digging in the cavities...

Comment

I looked at the wiring for that guitar, and it’s a pretty clean setup. There’s a 4PDT toggle switch used for the master series/parallel switch, and the 5-way super switch for the pickup selector. Now that I know what parts are used, I just need to figure out the proper wiring configuration. Any help would be awesome!

Comment

Comment

This pick is helpful. Just to confirm though:

1) What appears to be black / green wires from the pickup to the back of the volume pot is I assume actually the green and bare to ground.
            2) The thick white / red wires are the white red from the pickup
            3) The thin black lines from each pup to the super switch would be the black wire from the pickup.

I want to reproduce this circuit in my Ibanez RG421

Comment

Correct on all 3.
              I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Working...
              X