X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    Look at the two red boxes. Red is shorted to "hot", and white is shorted to ground, on both pups. Both in parallel.

Click image for larger version Name:	jmcorey-02.png Views:	0 Size:	7.4 KB ID:	6047034
    So by having both pickups always connected to the output, you're managing pickup selection through the other connections. That works.

A neck coil is hanging off the output for bridge-only, which I've read on here is an antennae or causes some noise for some. But it should work fine.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Look at the two red boxes. Red is shorted to "hot", and white is shorted to ground, on both pups. Both in parallel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	jmcorey-02.png Views:	0 Size:	7.4 KB ID:	6047034

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Correct.

Incorrect.

Gimme a sec.
    Hmm, if there's a way to combine bridge position 2 on top of neck position 4 here, I guess maybe. I'm having a hard time seeing it. But maybe...

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    So: Fig 1 is the basic schematic, so that you can see what I'm doing. In fig 2, you have the Superswitch out on your bench, where it's easy to get to. Just solder the six jumper wires on. The dark blue are just 4 vertical jumpers. The cyan is one jumper that connects 6 terminals. The purple jumper connects 6 more. Then add the black and green "flying leads", such that the black is long enough to reach to your volume pot, and the green will reach to a convenient ground.

Then, (fig 3) install the switch in the guitar and connect the pup wires, and your two flying leads. Make sense?

Click image for larger version  Name:	jmcorey.png Views:	0 Size:	30.9 KB ID:	6047020

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Originally posted by jmcorey View Post
    Anyone know if this is possible?
    Correct.

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
    You could put one pickup in parallel but not both.
    Incorrect.

Gimme a sec.

Leave a comment:

• beaubrummels
    replied
    You could put one pickup in parallel but not both. You need one set of lugs to select the bridge, one set of lugs to select the neck, the remaining two sets of lugs would be needed just to put one pickup in parallel.

Leave a comment:

• jmcorey
    started a topic Wiring help needed for two HB guitar

Wiring help needed for two HB guitar

Hi everyone,

I have a new CC and Jazz neck that I'd like to use for a 2 HB guitar. 1 tone, 1 volume, 5-way super switch.

I would like to get:

1) Bridge HB
    2) Bridge HB in parallel
    3) Bridge HB with Neck HB
    4) Bridge HB with Neck HB in Parallel
    5) Neck HB

Anyone know if this is possible?
Working...
X