No announcement yet.

Perpetual Burn vs Parallel Axis vs 78

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will add it to my try list. I have been shy of it from other threads saying it was darker and some say like you that it is great. Who knows it could work in this guitar.

Can you compare it or the Hybrid to the 78?
    Last edited by Sasquash; 01-15-2021, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquash View Post
      I have a partscaster franky type of guitar I keep trying pickups in. Currently have the 78 and I like it a lot but would like a little more output and slightly tighter bottom with similar high end clarity. The Perpetual Burn and Parallel Axis are next to try possibly. Can anyone compare? I have tried JB which I normally like but its too muddy in this guitar, Screamin Demon was almost awesome but too scooped for me, love the Pearly Gates tone but not enough output, Custom was just ok and so far the 78 is my favorite but I still want to try a few different ones
      I'll second Clint55 on the double-thick A5 in your '78 model.
      Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Where do you find a double thick magnet for pickups?
        Last edited by Sasquash; 01-15-2021, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Here are my free $.02. I have the Original PA in a Basswood superstrat with a Floyd, and it has a very tight bottom and plenty of high end clarity. I play through Marshall amps, currently a DSL40C. It is not muddy at all, and it is not mid scooped. The mids are very balanced. I love it for rock, hard rock, old school metal, which is what I play. It can do far more of course.

I have not had the 78’ specifically, but I have had several overwound APH II’s in the 9k range, I have the Brobucker which is an overwound A2, so I know the tones. I think you should give the PA some serious time. I think you might just be surprised. Don’t be put off by the look. Embrace it.
          Play more guitar.

Comment

The things that you wanted
            I bought them for you

Comment

Cool I'm intrigued by trying a magnet and PA and lots of others if I feel I need to haha. Theres almost no end

Comment

The double thick mags are awesome. You get the benefit of the open, responsive wind, boosted and filled out from the mag so there's no need to go hotter and clog things up.
                The things that you wanted
                I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

Funny....I have the Buxom Boost and don’t notice much added noise.
                  It is an amazing pedal though. I love it.
                  It's an awesome pedal and I`ve heard some say it`s fairly quiet and some say its noisey but the few that I`ve tried its been way too hissy at certain settings . My Cusack Screamer and SD 805 are pretty much sliest in comparison
                  When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984 View Post

It's an awesome pedal and I`ve heard some say it`s fairly quiet and some say its noisey but the few that I`ve tried its been way too hissy at certain settings . My Cusack Screamer and SD 805 are pretty much sliest in comparison
                    After I posted my earlier comment it dawned on me that I really only have the boost set at about 10-11:00. So not very extreme.
                    I use it to goose my Quickrod into bliss.
                    Lol

Comment

After I posted my earlier comment it dawned on me that I really only have the boost set at about 10-11:00. So not very extreme.
                      I use it to goose my Quickrod into bliss.
                      Lol
                      I've used it with my Splawn also , great options with the Buxom Boost . Now I wanna buy another and just say screw the hiss

Comment

I've used it with my Splawn also , great options with the Buxom Boost . Now I wanna buy another and just say screw the hiss
                        A noise gate in the loop solves all!!!

Comment

A noise gate in the loop solves all!!!
                          I'll stick to a quiet OD/Boost before I have to use a noise gate but with that said not a bad idea

Comment

I have a Duncan Super V that while lower output sounds fairly aggressive, does the Lynch thing without the compression.

Comment

I'll stick to a quiet OD/Boost before I have to use a noise gate but with that said not a bad idea
                              My first experiences with a noise gate weren’t very good. They shut too fast and didn’t allow much in the way of dynamics etc.
                              But the ISP G-string is pretty damn good. For me it’s set at about 10:30-11:00, which gates the bulk of noise so it still allows me to roll back the volume without the gate slamming shut.
                              Live, I roll it back to about 9:30-10:00 because nobody can hear that little amount of hiss with all of the room noise anyway.
                              It’s a compromise with any gate pedal but this one works pretty well.

Comment

Used all the above. Parallel Axis is hotter, thicker, darker, boomier.

Perpetual Burn is hotter, brighter, tighter. Think of that one as the power lifter version of a screaming demon. It's tight and bright, but not as screeching bright as the Sd and a lot more output. Takes mag swaps well.

Comment

Working...
                                X