banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is the most balanced Strat-size neck humbucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't tried all that many strat sized buckers.

Out of the ones I did:

Little 59 - hated it

Jbjr neck and bridge - I liked these ok, 20 plus years ago. they are still sitting in my parts box with no guitar to go in..

Air Norton s - in a 25.5" scale, this gives an almost les Paul like fatness in series mode..
    in parallel, it is really clean and stratty sounding.

I want to try more out but single coils keep finding their way into guitars.

Comment

Have you looked into the Lace Alumitone singles? No noise, very clear and flat eq.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by littlemachine View Post
        Sounds like it's a pretty even vote between the Cool Rails and Lil Screamin Demon. I can't find any examples of the Demon clean or at the neck at all, can anyone vouch for it clean, specifically?

If that was viable I would have already. I don't have the tools to do that myself and there aren't any experienced techs anywhere near here. I already tried getting quotes from some a little further away and the cost of their work plus getting the guitar couriered to them and back winds up being about double what just buying a pickup does and then I'd still have to buy a full humbucker on top so it would be 3x the price total. Total waste.
        If you are breve then ask a friend for a good Dremmel, one of the big ones, I got mine and carved myself the neck cavity of my HSS MIM Strat into HSH, I also had the need to cut a little bit of wood here and there in that guitar and also my other Strat, and I also needed to make some simple cuts for a couple of pickguards. In the end I think may have spent the same money if I had had it sent to a luthier and now I have the Dremmel for other things I may need, but of course it also works for me because I use Strats, the pickguard does hide my poor skills for would carving.
        Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
        X