Strats with two bridge pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strats with two bridge pickups

Last month the Squier Strats with the middle pickup moved to the bridge were announced, and I’ve discovered that Axesrus.co.uk sell pickguards cut that way, as well as with an additional true middle position slot.

https://www.axesrus.co.uk/PickguardS...gstratjuan.htm

https://www.axesrus.co.uk/PickguardS...ratjuandel.htm

I guess with the latter you could have a normal load out of three Strat pickups, then have a switch to change to a SC-sized humbucker?
    Last edited by CaptainWhizz; 02-14-2021, 06:34 AM.

Or have a 2nd singlecoil with a different voicing. For example, an SD Twangbanger for Tele bridge position like tones.
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Cool links. Thanks.

Comment

Lots of cool wiring options with that setup.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

make sure you have a swimming pool rout under there if youre gonna do odd pup placement.

Comment

Very interesting. Got links or more info on the Squier strats with them?
            ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
            2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
            Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

there is a trem version and hardtail version. similar to robbie robertsons last waltz strat but not 20 lbs

Comment

Does anyone else get the new Fender site looking real funky with colors? It even screenshots funky

"New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

I wonder if your phone is doing that. It shows up normal on my laptop. By the way, can anyone identify where the output jack is on that thing? I can't see it even when blown up. There's an odd plate on the rear, but that seems like a strange, and awkward, place to put the jack.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Squier_Strat_screenshot.png
Views:	180
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	6058200

Comment

I think it’s a side-mounted jack, accessed from the rear for some reason.

Comment

I also like the idea that Music Man has with their Steve Morse Y2K...a humbucker and single coil right next to each other. It seems like you can get a lot of sounds that way without the middle pickup being in the way of the pick.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	y2k.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	6058216
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Of course, Steve Morse' original Tele had 4 pickups on it, and he later added a synth pickup.
                        Anyone remember the Hamer Phantom that had a bridge humbucker with a single coil up against it, and a slanted neck pickup?
                        I've done mods like this for a couple clients - it's a cool feature that yields some great sounds provided you've chosen good pickups that work together well.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
                        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWhizz View Post
                          I think it’s a side-mounted jack, accessed from the rear for some reason.
                          That would explain that rear plate. That's obviously the access to the output jack wires.

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                            Does anyone else get the new Fender site looking real funky with colors? It even screenshots funky
                            The fender site does not support dark mode.

It works fine in Standard

Comment

Working...
                            X