No announcement yet.

Single coil recommendations to go with tb-6 distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also might be worth mentioning. I put ernie ball rps hybrids on it and added one more spring because it was having trouble returning to zero. It was doing the sharp or flat thing. Now it's more stable and returns to zero. I haven't done to many five bombs or anything crazy yet. Kinda taking it easy on it. I do use it just not like some of the kids on youtube that are really yanking on the bar then complaining the whole guitar is out of tune or they pop strings out of the bridge lol. I also added the 2 Allen wrench holder thing that goes on the back of the headstock. I really like that. Also added speed knobs because I had extras laying around from my Ibanez project.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      I would suggest trying the stock singles with the TB-6. Since you play mostly on the bridge, you might find that you like them. If not you can always replace them later.
      If you do, and want true singles, I'd recommend the Quarter Pounds.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
      The stock singles actually sound pretty good. I ordered some duncan single coil covers to fake it for now lol!! I think I'm going to get more duncans eventually but it would only be for my own personal pleasure.

Comment

Cool! Jackson pickups certainly aren't horrible and they might play well with the Distortion in the bridge. Which is an excellent choice for that guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          Cool! Jackson pickups certainly aren't horrible and they might play well with the Distortion in the bridge. Which is an excellent choice for that guitar.

I agree. I think the Jackson pickups are some of the best stock pickups. They also have the rail pups similar to Duncan Hot Rails that come stock on the X series silver and gold crackle guitars. You might be able to find them pretty cheap. Those would work well in the middle and neck position of the guitar you have.

Comment

Yeah, I have the original Jackson pickups from an old Jackson Performer PS4, Korean most likely and, while the bridge and middle sound pretty average, quite weak and undefined, the neck bucker sounds simply glorious so it just went back in, now paired with a Black Winter in the bridge Unfortunately it's a 2 conductor pickup so can't split it, but in position 2 it's wired by parallel with the middle single coil and it sounds alright. Hard to beat Jackson's necks and stock pickups in the reasonably priced bracket.

Comment

I have myself a guitar with a red body and maple fingerboard and love that color combination, yours looks even better. If you are in the US then keep in mind there is this 21 day return policy, if you don't like the first pickup you have 21 days to change it for something else.
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
                I have myself a guitar with a red body and maple fingerboard and love that color combination, yours looks even better. If you are in the US then keep in mind there is this 21 day return policy, if you don't like the first pickup you have 21 days to change it for something else.
                Yeah I love it too!

Comment

As far as what singles to pick...really think about what you use those pickups for, and what tone you want. There are all sorts of choices- so don't decide based on looks. If you are not certain, try out some neck pickups on other guitars, or listen to the current pickups, and think about what you don't like about them. If you can't easily express what you don't like about the current pickups, it isn't time to swap them out yet.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                  X