HB-112 love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
    It's not really a Demon other than aesthetically. It's just a HB-103 with allen screws in place of slugs.
    That makes sense too...

So

103 = Distortion (or close enough that I don't care IMO)
    108 = 103 + Large caps
    112 = 103 + Allen screws

Which leads me to say...

The large heads take some edge off the Distortion tone, which is kind of nice. Tight, without quite the scream. A little more deep than bites.

What do the hex screws do?
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
      I haven't tried the Duncan Designed version, but the SD Distortion sounds REALLY great with an A8 mag. MUCH better than with the ceramic mag. Like you said, " Nice really full sound, full but not muddy bass, nice present but not overbearing mids and highs that are not quite soft, but not harsh at all".

I find that typically the ceramic mag makes the highs sound very harsh and "brittle" like they are on the verge of self destruction. The A8 smooths the highs but they are still very strong. The lows may not be quite as tight as with the ceramic but they are still strong and tight.
      Brittle highs that sound like they're on the verge of self destruction. Thanks Doc, now I finally understand why I love the Distortion.
      But a Distortion wind with Demon poles and an A8, that would be nice.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        What do the hex screws do?
        Make you search for an Allen wrench to adjust the screw height.

Comment

Ace, hex screws tend to tighten the overall attack. Narrower magnetic field than a standard slug or Filister screw. The opposite is the big hexes on the Invader. Huge spread out field. But bolstered by a lot of gauss.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
            Brittle highs that sound like they're on the verge of self destruction. Thanks Doc, now I finally understand why I love the Distortion.
            But a Distortion wind with Demon poles and an A8, that would be nice.

Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Is it just me, or do those hex screws look a little wider than the usual ones?
              I know DiMarzio uses fatter hexes on a couple of models,
              Wondering if these might be more like those.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                Is it just me, or do those hex screws look a little wider than the usual ones?
                I know DiMarzio uses fatter hexes on a couple of models,
                Wondering if these might be more like those.
                Mine was the USA version, but the hex screws were very much the same as what they use for the Full Shred and the Blackened Black Winter.

Comment

Working...
                X