banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pickup suggestions for fourth Tele type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both great pups that work equally well but they do sound a bit different

Comment

I was thinking about the Hotrails set but I read elsewhere on the inter-nerd that people had problems getting them to fit into the existing cavities and / or bridge plate.

Would anyone from or associated with S-D like to comment?

Plan B is another Little 59 humbucker (which I love) in the bridge and another Vintage Stack in the neck.

Comment

i put a hot rails bridge pup into my american tele bridge without issue. maybe the mim or squire bridges are different?

Comment

^IDK. My intended body is a non branded off Fleabay and Gotoh brass Bridge. Other pickups fit just fine.

Comment

Here are the dimensions

Comment

Hotrails ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeChordWonder View Post
                I was thinking about the Hotrails set but I read elsewhere on the inter-nerd that people had problems getting them to fit into the existing cavities and / or bridge plate.

Would anyone from or associated with S-D like to comment?

Plan B is another Little 59 humbucker (which I love) in the bridge and another Vintage Stack in the neck.
                I've heard of a few people having that issue, but I have known many that had no issues. So I would guess that it has to do with the individual bridge.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

P90 at the neck neck rocks in a Tele. Actually P90 at the neck rocks in just about any guitar.
                  "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Jerry Donahue lead for the win. It’s a fantastic tele bridge pickup I run a fender PV 64 in the neck and the JD in the bridge. Great combo

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeChordWonder View Post
                      Hotrails ordered.
                      Yes!
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

FWIW I tried putting a standard Strat pickup in the Tele neck hole and it was too long and the screw holes didn't line up with those in the pickguard - by just enough to be annoyingly close to the standard Tele ones too. Not enough real estate to dill new ones without getting too close, possibly overlapping the original ones.

Shame really, because I quite fancied Little 59s in the bridge and neck.

Comment

Working...
                        X