Finished Installing Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound PJs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Installing Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound PJs

I'd like to thank Seymour Duncan for their wonderful instructional videos on soldering and pickup swapping. I completed the first two modules and that was all I needed. I did have a doubt about which wire was ground but looking at the diagrams I learned that it was the black one. The rest was just straightforward. Without the videos I don't think I would have had the tools necessary to tackle the job. Thanks again for the help and great pickups.

ps I could not login to the community for videos on pickup installation. Maybe there is a glitch :/
    Last edited by FrenchCanada; 04-19-2021, 06:42 PM.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for that! I know they worked very hard to come up with a comprehensive course on pickup installation. You have to give us your impressions of the pickup set, and if you can, some cool pics of that bass!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The stock pickups on the Shifter are the ceramic type. I found these a lot more nasal high-mid wise. The Seymour Duncan however are more broad and have rock-solid bass sound. I use Boss effects for recording and the SD have pushed me to explore different options not possible with the previous pickups. I am totally excited!
      Last edited by FrenchCanada; 04-20-2021, 11:40 AM.

Comment

very cool! good wiring job too

Comment

You should thank the guys working at the Godin atelier because it's their wiring! Here is what mine looks like.
          Last edited by FrenchCanada; 04-20-2021, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Godin makes great stuff- I have one of their Multiac steel strings. The QP pickups looks great in that bass.

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchCanada View Post
              You should thank the guys working at the Godin atelier because it's their wiring! Here is what mine looks like.
              Still pretty clean! Nice job

Glad you are finding some new tones! I agree, the fat polepieces look rad in that bass. Rock on!
              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
              Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
              http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

I'd like to share my first session with the pickups with you. My playing is a bit rusty if you can stand that type of thing. https://natal.bandcamp.com/track/instrumental-xi

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchCanada View Post
                  I'd like to share my first session with the pickups with you. My playing is a bit rusty if you can stand that type of thing. https://natal.bandcamp.com/track/instrumental-xi
                  That sounds great! Very funky.

Comment

Working...
                  X