banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Seymour Duncan pick up ID/verification please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also would think that is a Lydia wound '59n based on this.

https://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/f...lt-before-2002

You have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the winder's initials.
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

The problem with the L for Lidia (i instead of y!), that this is true only for the rubber stamp area. But in the later dymo type area you only find it with L or without any initial. This would mean that MJ and others shouldn't have wound a single 59 for years, only Lidia?? So the L could have changed the meaning from Lidia Daniels to Leesona at a time winder initials were not longer used.
      This was discussed here in this forum years ago.
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
        The problem with the L for Lidia (i instead of y!), that this is true only for the rubber stamp area. But in the later dymo type area you only find it with L or without any initial. This would mean that MJ and others shouldn't have wound a single 59 for years, only Lidia?? So the L could have changed the meaning from Lidia Daniels to Leesona at a time winder initials were not longer used.
        This was discussed here in this forum years ago.
        Yes Lidia with i, you are right. I think it is impossible to date my 59. I bought it second hand a couple of years ago with the Maricela wound 59B

Comment

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post

Yes Lidia with i, you are right. I think it is impossible to date my 59. I bought it second hand a couple of years ago with the Maricela wound 59B
          Why not? Before the Dymo type lettering they had rubber stamped labels.
          Yours has the smaller backlogo with Made in America and the rubber stamp with winder initials. These were made from 1988 to 1996.
          Last edited by hamerfan; 04-27-2021, 02:41 AM.
          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post

Why not? Before the Dymo type lettering they had rubber stamped labels.
            Yours has the smaller backlogo with Made in America and the rubber stamp with winder initials. These were made from 1988 to 1996.
            Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post

I have this 59 . I'm not able to date it. I've always thought the L at the end was the initial of Lydia Daniel (if I'm not wrong) aka the winder of this particular pickup (I have a bridge 59 with the J too). This story about the Leesona machine makes this pickup more interesting to me.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210425_212708.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	6076383
              Thank you very much EmiAba
              Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Comment

Working...
              X