banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the JB Jr really sound like the full size JB ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the JB Jr really sound like the full size JB ?

Getting close to my next Strat build project and I'm sure it will have a single coil size humbucker in the bridge .
    I love the full size JB Antiquity in my custom built Tele Deluxe guitars for the 80's rock vibe which brings me to this next question .

Does the the JB Jr really sound like the full size humbucker or is it just a quick fix so you don't have to route your guitar out ?

I'm sure I will want a midrange barking bridge pickup for the guitar but I don't want a heavy metal distortion type pickup so I kind of keep backing off the idea of using the Hotrail pickup .

Last edited by JB6464; 04-24-2021, 06:24 PM.

No. But it's sort of in the ballpark.

Comment

Between the JB Jr and the Hotrail , which do you think sounds closer to a full size JB ?

Comment

The JB Jr, certainly. It is the closest to it's full-size counterpart. No, it isn't exact, but it is close, and a lot closer than the Hot Rails.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I thought the single coil-size Dimarzio Tone Zone T I had installed for a while sounded great. I usually go Seymour Duncan, but a lot of their sc-size humbuckers get pretty mixed reviews, so I went with Dimarzio on this one and was really impressed. Sounded good clean and was a great all around rock pickup. I only took it out because I own a router and thought it would be fun to rout out the body of that Tele for a full size bridge humbucker.

Comment

Working...
          X