What Tele pickup's am I looking for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Tele pickup's am I looking for?

I bought my Tele used and it came with SD's Quarter Pounders. Not sure what wood the body is but the neck is all maple. If all I played was rhythm I would look no further. Great, great rhythm sound. And I do like the Tele vibe, but there are certain characteristic's with these pickups that I'd like to change. First off, both pickups are very bassey and I have them adjusted at a very extreame angle to get rid of the bass, especially the neck pickup. Second, the high end on both pickups is a bit thin for my liking. Meaning the high's are prominent but I'd like a bit more "muscle" and less zing from the high end, especially from the bridge pickup. More push, if you will. Third, the hum from the bridge pickup has GOT to go. Maybe I should consider a set of noiseless pickups? Are there any pickups that wont mask to much of that Tele vibe that will give me the qualities that I'm looking for? Thanks.

Re: What Tele pickup's am I looking for?

try a hot stack in the bridge, it will have some good higher output (higher than stock) and no hum. it should be a better balance of tones for you too. not sure what to recommend for the neck though
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

I believe if you want true Tele vibe, you probably are going to have to put up with 60 cycle hum. However, some hum less than others. Look at Rio Grande. I have a set of their Muy Grande's in one of my Teles...warm, clear high output, nice balance, good for rythem, great for lead.

Comment

Muy grande is not than trebly, yet is relatively more icepicky than the SDJD. My MG measures 8.40, whereas SDJD is like 7.80K. Muy grandes don't have the baseplate, which makes it less trebly, but also lose some of the tele twang.

I think a2 mag rods is what I like best about the JD, it is bright yet not icepicky, thus full fat tele tone still with twang and all. The ideal solution for my hardash body maple neck tele.

B
        FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

I'd say alnico II pro tele bridge. Those pickups sound perfect!

Comment

Working...
          X