Seymour Duncan STK-S6 Custom Stack Plus White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan STK-S6 Custom Stack Plus White

Has anyone tried this pickup in the neck position alongside the Duckbucker in the middle position of a strat? Does it retain treble with a 250K pot or do you need a 500K pot?

stks6 in the neck with a duck in the middle? the stk6 is much more powerful than the duck, i think youll have balance issues unless you want a large output and tonal difference between neck and middle

Comment

No. I tried the STK-S6 in the neck position along with an SSL-1 in the middle with an auto-split wiring for notch position, volume balanced well and I liked the quack. I have read the potential problem with duckbuckers and vintage rails is they are really low output but on the other hand it is used as part of the everything axe with single coil sized humbuckers so go figure.

About the treble, I tried it only with 250K pots. It has less treble then an SSL-1 but it is punchier which IMHO makes it a really good candidate for neck in HSS configurations. So it does not sound like an SSL-1 but it is still a Straty sound, I even liked it better than the SSL-6 which sounds great in Charvel demos of DK22 but for some reason in my Strat the SSL-6 was too bassy in the neck while the STK-S6 was much better for my taste.

Edit: The STK-S6 is no longer in the neck of my Strat, I am moving it to the bridge position and putting another SSL-1 for the neck. For a more vintage sound noiseless I would try the STK-S4n, sounds great in the demos but it will have a bit less output and that may be a good thing about the volume balance concern with the Duckbucker.
      Last edited by IMENATOR; 05-05-2021, 10:16 PM.
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

Thanks, Guys; I decided to not pursue the stacked pickup for now. My real issue is the treble response of the neck humbucker. I essentially have "the everything" configuration. All three humbuckers on a 250k pot and the bridge and the duckbucker in the middle sound pretty good. When I switch over to the fourth and fifth position the clarity drops and is irritating me. I'm just missing that bit of sparkle that makes my strat sound Stratty up near the neck. Who knows, the wiring or a treble boost? Need to research some more.

Comment

Wire your HB to a dual 250k / 500k volume pot. You wire the HB to the 500k part and your singles to the 250k pot

then run tone 1 to neck and install a 500k and run your middle and bridge singles to tone 2 and a 250k pot.

This will fix it.

Comment

EC Strat ...Just to clarify, the bridge and neck PU's are humbuckers. The duckbucker in the middle. If that's understood in your instructions, I'm in, just to get the result.

Comment

If you need more clarity on your neck humbucker yes parallel wiring can be an option. What pickup is there? I have tried the Jazz neck and Full Shred neck and those have clarity and articulation, the last one has a single coil vibe that surprised me in a very good way.
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
              X