banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Alnico II Pro™ Strat Pickups and the Antiquity Texas pickups the same pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Alnico II Pro™ Strat Pickups and the Antiquity Texas pickups the same pickups

Other than aging and degaussed magnets used in the Antiquity Texas pickups , are they basically the same pickups as the Alnico II Pro™ Staggered Strat Pickups ?

nope. i have both and they are definitely different. the aps sound cleaner and less chewy in the mids

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      nope. i have both and they are definitely different. the aps sound cleaner and less chewy in the mids
      Thank You !

Comment

Antiquity is a custom wind Seymour came up with, per my discussion with the store owner who had a direct conversation with Seymour back when I bought mine in 1995. The DCRs don't even match, which would be the first tell-tale clue. Antiquity is 6.3k, 6.9k, 9.8k; the Alnico 2s are 6.1k, 6.1k, 6.1k.

Comment

Very different to me. The Antiquities have more high end.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Correct me when iam wrong. Formvar vs Plain enamel
            I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input , I will go with the Antiquities in my new strat build then .

Comment

Working...
              X