Install a set of SSL-5 Custom Stag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install a set of SSL-5 Custom Stag

I want to install a set of pickups SSL-5 Custom Stag but I don't know what orientation should have, the middle pickup (RWRP) has inverted wires (see image). Please your help to clarify the orientation and what wire (black or white) goes to the pot and what wire to the selector for each pickup, thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SSL-5_Set.jpeg
Views:	655
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	6082259

The orientation is meaningless with flat poles. With staggered poles the lineup follows certain patterns like vintage, modern, lefhand.
    Last edited by hamerfan; 05-22-2021, 03:11 PM.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I just installed the pickups connecting the white wire to the selector and black to ground, and are working great !! This is the first circuit I make from scratch !!

Name:	SSL-5_Set_2.jpeg
Views:	389
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	6083921

Comment

looks good! enjoy the pups

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Zapata View Post
            I just installed the pickups connecting the white wire to the selector and black to ground, and are working great !! This is the first circuit I make from scratch !!

Name:	SSL-5_Set_2.jpeg
Views:	389
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	6083921

Jose, I'm assuming your PUP orientation is correct? I have the same question. Since these PUPs are unique...I want to make sure I have it installed right. Looks like you have the white wire to the bottom....black to the top? I can't find anything on the SD site noting this. For what it's worth, I only have the SSL-5 (lefty) in the neck that I'm dealing with.

Comment

Keep in mind that if you are combining it with Fender pickups, it will most likely be out of phase when wired 'correctly'.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks. I'm actually wiring 2 SD pups (one humbucker and one single, bridge and neck with no middle). It's an experiment/project since I'm broken and playing is at a halt. not knowing the correct orientation of the single coil is what I'm after at this point.

Comment

I tried the SSL-6 (the one with flat poles) once in a Strat with 250k pots, yes it was punchier but I needed more treble, I think I should try it again with 500k pots.

Being that said the STK-S6 (kind of SSL-6 but noiseless) was great with punch, having less treble and more punch really helped, it was great. Maybe it was more of a rock sound than a blues or an Eric Johnsonsound but the quack at position 2 with an SSL-1 in the middle was fantastic and noiseless too.
                  Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Keep in mind that if you are combining it with Fender pickups, it will most likely be out of phase when wired 'correctly'.
                    That is true, I forgot about it last time I put one in the middle of on of my guitars I think "fliping" the wires of the fender pu should be enough, correct?
                    Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post

That is true, I forgot about it last time I put one in the middle of on of my guitars I think "fliping" the wires of the fender pu should be enough, correct?
                      You got it!
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                      X