Double cream trademark latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double cream trademark latest

For a press release it really doesn't say much, does it? It's more a victory lap for Larry D. Who was the company who was suing DiMarzio? And how big was the judges bribe?
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Again - this is PATENTLY ridiculous.

I did like the line "Makes it the most recognized trademark". Yes - because it is the poster child for utterly ridiculous bull$#!t
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
        For a press release it really doesn't say much, does it? It's more a victory lap for Larry D. Who was the company who was suing DiMarzio? And how big was the judges bribe?
        I thought it was a small group of players that banded together. I remember one of them posted here a few years ago to get support. I might be wrong though, and it might be a company.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

A group of players wouldn't have the gravitas to impress the judge. A company with deep pockets, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

I thought it was a small group of players that banded together. I remember one of them posted here a few years ago to get support. I might be wrong though, and it might be a company.
            I think Wolfetone was one of the companies trying to get this changed. That's too bad.
            "Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it." John Adams

Comment

Dimarzio wins the battle, but perhaps, loses the war. It's for this reason, I'll never own DMZ pickups. I don't even care if they sound good. When I got my Vantage guitar, (used), it had a pair of double-cream DMZ's in it. I took them out and sold them without even plugging it in and listening to them. I didn't care.

Comment

Blows my mind that a company is allowed to trademark a color.

Comment

Double parchment looks more like a PAF anyway, and it isn't covered under Larry's claim of owning the rights to cream.

Never understood why Duncan doesn't offer parchment humbuckers.
                  "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                    Double parchment looks more like a PAF anyway, and it isn't covered under Larry's claim of owning the rights to cream.

You’re right....I just checked the website and there’s no option for parchment.
                    I have a Custom that is double parchment (I assume) because it is a slightly different shade than the Dimarzio Bluesbucker (double cream) it is paired with. It’s definitely not white but not quite as dark as the Dimarzio.

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                      they did for a while, not sure if it's still offered. I thought they looked great, but if you wanted double cream it didn't quite scratch the itch IMO.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 4.09.47 PM.png
Views:	730
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	6084983
                      Quality riffs in about a minute...
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Dimarzio wins the battle, but perhaps, loses the war. It's for this reason, I'll never own DMZ pickups.
                        Exactly. I used to love Super D's and I used X2N's - but after this insanity, I'll not use Larry D's stuff ever again. My partner Mike Metz at Thesis Audio Service is the same way. He won't sell them, but he will install them if the client purchases them elsewhere.

For us - it's literally the principle of the thing.

Comment

I just ordered some Bareknuckles in double cream. Wooot!

Comment

I take it Europe is beyond the jurisdiction of the double cream bs. Thankfully.

Pity SD wouldn't sell double cream over here.

Might even aid the legal cause indirectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

You’re right....I just checked the website and there’s no option for parchment.
                              I have a Custom that is double parchment (I assume) because it is a slightly different shade than the Dimarzio Bluesbucker (double cream) it is paired with. It’s definitely not white but not quite as dark as the Dimarzio.
                              I suspect the one you have actually is a double cream Duncan.
                              Duncan's cream is slightly paler and a tad less orange than DiMarzio's.
                              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                              X