Looking to get duncans that are the pinnacle for shred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to get duncans that are the pinnacle for shred

Looking to get duncans that are the pinnacle for shred. Looking for suggestions. In the dimarzio side of things, i LOVE the air norton and super distortion combo.

The Alt 8 with a Senitent in the neck fits that well. The Sentient is really nice for fluid high gain solo work and the Alt 8 is super articulate and defined.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
      The Alt 8 with a Senitent in the neck fits that well. The Sentient is really nice for fluid high gain solo work and the Alt 8 is super articulate and defined.
      You could also easily use a 59 set with modern high gain stuff. Or a Mayhem set.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I can think of a Duncan pickup I’d describe as full of shred, but the pinnacle... I’m not sure.

Comment

Alpha/Omega. Tight, clear articulation. It does half the work for you.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

JB or Becker
            Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

When Paul Gilbert played in Racer-X in the mid 80s, he used a Duncan SM-3n mini humbucker in the neck slot, and Duncan distortion wired in parallel. Some people will consider it a pinnacle, but its also an 80s nostalgia.

You can look at YJM stacks. They have a reputation for shred, but some say its based on artist endorsement.

Comment

Custom, JB, Distortion, Black Winter, Jazz, Full Shred, etc. Oh, Nuno can shred on a 59 neck, sounds counterintuitive, but somehow works for him...

Comment

They'll all work
                  Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Invader is amazing for a bridge shredder, of course at the bridge you must also want it's tone for riffing.
                    I'd assume the Invader neck model would be geared towards leads and probably is just a slightly darker Distortion neck.

Comment

Is a Pegasus/sentinent set good?

Considering some of the others suggested here, i need them in green, though

Comment

Originally posted by Open lane View Post
                        Is a Pegasus/sentinent set good?

Considering some of the others suggested here, i need them in green, though
                        Yes, especially for a more modern shred sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Yes, especially for a more modern shred sound.
                          Thank you!

Comment

I use a full shred neck with one row of filisters, and a super d in one of my rgs. Another one has a super d/ air norton s

The full shred neck is great and does the fluid thing with the tone turned down. It is also bright enough to do just about anything you want.

it pairs well with brighter bridge pickups so you don't have to ride the guitar knobs as much.

Comment

The Full Shred is a very bright pickup. I might pick that one if it was a overly dark sounding guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X