X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 height vs polepiece adjustment-

Hello!

I've done some research, regarding the tonal difference, in

1. Adjusting the whole P90 pickup with cover, closer/farther from the strings, and
    2. Adjusting only the pole pieces up and down.

I found my P90's to sound the best, with the entire pickup close to the strings, and the pole pieces flush with the cover, or even screwed a bit further in. It was very warm, balanced and chimey this way.

Raising the pole pieces and lowering the overall assembly, resulted in a tone that was brash, lacked "balance" and also the chime was gone. The brigde pickup became very aggressive and middy, and the neck pickup boomy and bassy.

I asked this question before, now I have tried it for my self, and wanted to share the results.

yours truly,

-Erl ♪
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

I like the sound better with the whole pickup closer, too.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

for the bridge pup, i agree. for the neck pup, i tend to like the pole pieces just above flush with the top

Comment

I use the pole pieces only to compensate between the wound and plain strings. The d and g higher and the b and high e to taste.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
        X