Wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring question

Hi all. I have installed a HHH configuration on my strat. The neck and bridge tone pots pull-push those parallel or series. The middle pickup is wired parallel with no tone knob. But every time I try to have that middle pickup share a tone knob, it starts sounding in positions it should not be on the 5way switch.

What am I missing?

I'm guessing that your current wiring looks like this image. If you want the middle to share the neck tone, add the red jumper. If you want it to share the bridge tone, then add the blue jumper. But don't add both.

Click image for larger version

Name:	strat-w-3little_hums_add_tone.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	6089140

Comment

Thank you, I will work on it this weekend!!!

Comment

My diagram had no jumpers, all connected to the left side only of the 5way.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireheart7 View Post
          My diagram had no jumpers, all connected to the left side only of the 5way.
          Then you'll want to move the "tone" connections to the other side. That's what will prevent one pickup from bleeding over to the other. The switch takes care of isolation duties.

Comment

(Push-pull tone knobs for parallel/series.) So I need to keep things on the left side of the 5 way and add the blue jumper on the left side too?

Comment

Originally posted by Fireheart7 View Post
              (Push-pull tone knobs for parallel/series.) So I need to keep things on the left side of the 5 way and add the blue jumper on the left side too?
              No, no. That will screw things up. Tone control connections on the right. Pickup selection on the left. Jumper the two "commons" together.

Comment

Got it, thanks a lot. I just follow the diagrams, lol. Have done Gibson style mods only, first time with a strat.

Comment

Working...
                X