Bridge humbucker for my HSS strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oilpit View Post

This comment is true of literally every amplifier on the market. DSLs, and Marshalls in general, have enough treble/high mids that you really need to be conservative with the treble, presence, and mid controls.
    True, however once they're cranked the tone changes and the treble becomes less annoying. IMO the easiest to keep the tone in check is the right combination of speaker(s) and EQ curve, an EQ pedal in the FX loop does wonders. Plus, on the Marshalls I've played so far I found setting the treble down to 1 or under gives the best sound.
    Last edited by AdrianSD; 06-24-2021, 11:45 PM.

Comment

I'd bet a brobucker would work well
      Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

If you'd contact dimarzio support then they'd probably suggest the AT1.
        I have the area67, it sounds a lot musical with 250k load but that's just me.

If the 59/C with an A2 mag is not an option then I'd look at Airzone, AT1, Paf36th bridge or Air Classic

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
          Another Duncan that doesn't get mentioned as much as a HSS candidate is the Screamin' Demon. Sounds pretty good to me in this demo (playing starts at 3:21).
          That sounded pretty good. Now I'm GAS'ing for a Demon.

Comment

I have the Duncan tb6 which is the same as the sh6 distortion just meant for guitars with a floyd rose. I like it alot. It seems to help create more distortion because of its higher output. Watched slot of comparison videos on youtube and I also like the....

jb
            Black winter
            Nazgul

I'm currently looking at getting active emgs. I have an hss Jackson and I want the sa sa 81 set or even just deleting the singles and just going with the 81 in the bridge with blanks in the single positions.

Comment

My HSS is my everything guitar. When I don't know where gig is going, it always works.

From my point of view..

JB...80s rock sits in the middle of the songs you're playing and it splits incredibly well.

PG or PG plus... Perfect for the songs and others have done a good job explaining the differences in the two.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by ledvedder View Post
                I'm also using 500K pots, based on Dimarzios recommendations with the Area pickups.
                The Dimarzio website recommend 250K pots for the Area 58 and 67, not 500K. See screenshots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210626_071317.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	6091052 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210626_071213.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	6091053

Attached Files
                Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

The choice of pots for dimarzio Area pickups depends how much output you like to get. You can use the Area 58 with 250k volume and tone as long as they are mounted low and they will sound quite warm and smooth. I have such a guitar and I prefer 250k volume and 500k tone pots. If you want more output to balance in a HSS setup 500k volume and tone pots are a better choice. Keeping 250k controls means they are fat sounding, not like strat pickups are supposed to sound. You can read the same meaning where the intructions state "the Area 58 is very sensitive to small height adjustment differences".
                  Last edited by Teleplayer; 06-26-2021, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Right now I'm REALLY liking the Perpetual Burn in the bridge with a set of true single coils. Never hear this pickup mentioned for this but have tried it a couple times and it works very very well in particular split with a true single . Solid out put match in full humbucking as well. Had thought the Hybrid split to the Custom coil would be better but quickly found it was NOT and went back to the PB. Would be really nice was a set of Areas have one right now with a pair of Carvin Kiesel AP11's in my DC and have run it with both a SSL 1 and SSL 5's sounded really good with both. The PB is now my go to bucker if I'm splitting with a single.
                    Guitars
                    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm going with the Pearly Gates. I installed it today for my gig tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great choice. You won't be disappointed.
                        Originally posted by Myaccount876
                        Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

I think you made a great choice for the wide range of music you play.

Have you tried 250k pots for the single coils? Or are you content with it as-is?

Comment

Working...
                          X