banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next build is going to be a Strat - HH or HSH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind that multiple options for wiring usually results in the player favoring just a few of those sounds. The issue is in getting from one sound to another quickly usually requires a few different moves. It is best to figure out what you like and hardwire those sounds in, if possible.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The player, aka yours truly, likes to experiment.

Comment

Here she is.

Allen Eden HSH body in Fiesta Red
        Mighty Mike 22 fret 9.5 inch radius maple and rosewood neck
        Fender 2-point tremelo block, decked with 5 springs
        Fender regular tuners for now, Kluson locking tuners later
        S-D Trembucker SD-4 in the bridge, S-D Jazz in the neck
        Fender 3-way switch wired the usual way
        2 volumes, 1 master tone
        Push-pushes for coil splits (both at the same time) and series /parallel
        Cream pickguard - and backing plate once I find it

Neck and intonation were a doddle to set up, and intonation is almost perfect, maybe a few 0.001"s to sand off the bottom of the nut, probably won't bother.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210709_005845.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.4 KB ID:	6094675
        Last edited by ThreeChordWonder; 07-09-2021, 08:47 AM.

Comment

HH Strats are my favorite, and that one looks like an indy car! Congrats on a successful build.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I tend to prefer either HSS or HH. To me, HSH is too much of a compromise on the Strat tones, so I’d rather just go HH if I want a humbucker in the neck.

My only Superstrat is an HSS, but I’ll probably build an HH eventually.

Comment

^ My blue flame MIM from you-know-where is an HSS, my gold DIY is an SSS - both with S-D pickups now, of course :-)

Comment

I know its not the same but.... I have a jackson dinky hss. Getting an emg 81 and I plan to just run the single 81 and use blanks in the singles or eventually get an SA for the neck. If I was building a guitar I would either go hh or single hum. The middle gets in the way for me and I don't really use the neck except to mess around with here and there with a solo or scales but I honestly don't know when I should use it or not to.

Comment

Working...
                X