Looking for some wiring guidance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some wiring guidance...

Hello everyone! Loving the forum so far. So much great info!

I am doing something I have never done before in attempting to tweak my electronics. I just acquired a Fender Lead III and am really in love with it. The controls are unique, and I am trying to make them even more so, but I’ve run into a bit of a brain freeze.

First. How it comes stock: 2 HB, 1 volume, 1 tone, 1 3-way pickup selector, 1 3-way mini-switch coil-split (pos 1 neck split, pos 2 no split, pos 3 bridge/neck split) (this may not be 100% correct. Pos 3 could be just a bridge split)

Anyway… what I want to add is a push/pull for a series/parallel switch in the bridge PUP.

I’ve been trying to diagram this out and seem to have hit a wall. None of the amazing diagrams on SD have a 3-way mini switch as reference and I am stuck. I guess I assumed this was possible, but maybe I was wrong. I decided to reach out for help because I think I’ve looked at it too long and am stuck in a brain loop. Am I missing something? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Here's what series/parallel coils on a push/pull for a bridge humbucker looks like.

Comment

When I do parallel and split, I like to use this technique. It allows parallel to override split. Just wire the humbucker up to the push-pull, then run a wire over to wherever it currently goes to for the split. Be sure to note that on the push-pull you place the jumper across those two terminals, rather than the more common 45 degree angled jumper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	parallel-split.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	6094026

Comment

I like that Artie.. Will try soon. .Means parallel with split availble.

Comment

Thanks Artie, that is exactly what I'm looking for! I completely over complicated it in my head. Thanks for the assist.

Comment

Working...
          X