Dragonfire Screamer Active S/S/S Set.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonfire Screamer Active S/S/S Set.

I got a really good deal on a S/S/S set of Dragonfire Screamers today off Craigslist. I spent a little time testing them today at 9v and 18v. At 9v they compare well with EMGs and GFS Red Actives. At 9v they have better clarity but they have slightly more noise than an EMG or GFS. At 18v it sounds like you have Tube Screamer engaged so there's more noise and less clarity. Still usable but they don't respond as well to running at 18v as EMGs or GFS Red Actives. Unfortunately Dragonfire has jacked their prices way up so I wouldn't buy them new and I would opt for a used EMG or a new GFS Red Active because both respond better to running at 18v and the Red Actives have the treble, bass, volume boost DIP switch options. You can regularly find used EMGs at $45 and at $35 new the GFS Red Actives are a steal and undercut the Dragonfires at $30 new.

So where would I use these? If you have a budget beater that you don't want to sink much money into it would be worthwhile to find a used set. I also would pair them with other actives if you are looking to fill out a setup and you don't use the other positions that often. Like a H/S, H/S/S, or H/S/H configuration where you have an EMG at the bridge and just want to fill out the other positions.
Working...
X