Neck Mate for a Duncan Custom Bridge - 2 Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Mate for a Duncan Custom Bridge - 2 Choices

So I have a build that should be done in a few weeks.
    Strat shape, Black Limba body, Floyded, 25.5", yada yada.

The bridge is a Duncan CC (13.2k) that I swapped in a UOA5 and have been looking for something to put it in, and it's going in here.
    I have two neck pickups that are contenders for a match: an APH-1N (7.2k) and a Pearly bridge (8.2k), both using A2's.
    I think both would work, I can't see any obvious red flags.
    Pearly would be a bit louder, brighter is what I guess, but I don't see them being worlds apart.

Opinions? Thoughts?

Depends which sound you want. Pearly might be brighter and a bit hotter. A2P would be like a PAF, vintage-y goodness; but that works for all styles up to now.

Comment

They are different because one is a neck pickup and one is a bridge pickup. To me its a clear choice to put the APH-1n, the other one will sound thick and heavy. I tried a similar thing with a APH-1b using UOA5 in the neck position, so my comment is based on that.

Comment

The APH-1 and CC sound wonderful together. That's what I would go with, but I have that combo in a few guitars already. It works especially well if the guitar is on the brighter side. If it is a dark sounding guitar, the PG would get the nod. So...go with what the guitar itself needs.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

APH-1 it is, thanks guys.

Comment

Let us know how this turns out!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Let us know how this turns out!
              Will do. Should be done in 2-3 weeks I think, just ordered the Gotoh Floyd tonight for it.

Comment

Working...
              X