S-D La Brea Bridge PU Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-D La Brea Bridge PU Question

I'm getting quite a lot of noise from the LA Brea Tele bridge pickup fitted in a solid body Tele with a Fender 4-way blade switch.

It sounds like a bad ground.

I've investigated my soldering and all seems good.

Do I need to run a third wire from the pickup baseplate to ground, and if so, are there any pointers about where (or where not) I should solder it to?

There should be a bare wire under the bridge, which is connected to a pot housing. This is also the ground for bridge pickup ground plate.
    First get a new guitar cord (in 80% this is culprit for hum), then a multimeter and check all paths to ground.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

It was a non existent ground from the lipstick cover on the neck pickup causing the trouble.

The 4-way mod requires switched grounds on the neck pickup, so the lipstick cover needs an independent ground that doesn't go to the switch.

The bridge ground, OTOH, goes straight to ground.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

glad you got it sorted out. either the neck cover or the bridge plate needs its own ground depending on which you feed into the other

Comment

Working...
        X