Jackson dinky emg potentiometer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson dinky emg potentiometer question

I have a jackson js34q. Its a dinky carved top body. I purchased the emg 81 last night from guitar centers website. It comes with the wiring kit if you will call it that.

☆☆My question is with the pots it comes with "short shaft". Will they fit the body of my guitar. Shaft length is what im concerned about. With the mods I've done i have yet to pull out the factory pots to know what they look like length wise. i could not find anything with searches on Google and this is the only forum I am a part of. I'm assuming they should be ok but if there not I would like to know now so I can order the right ones if needed.

I may delete the volume pot and install a kill switch in its place later anyways. I like having a tone control as I never use the volume unless its to set the guitar down for a minute.

I also may try the 18v mod but I hear it doesn't push the amp into distortion as much because of the added headroom. If im understanding correctly. If I do it ill probably use a switch to have both 9 and 18v options. My amp needs all the gain it can get. Its a fender lt25. Yes I plan to get something more suitable eventually.

will eventually get an emg sa for the neck and a single coil blank cover for the middle position Or just two blanks.. we will see how it sounds first.

The duncan distortion will be going into my ibanez so no waste of a great pickup.

photo is the guitar in question
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210405_161247.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	6097723

Please excuse me if this was too wordy for a question, I'm just excited is all.

thank you for any input or ideas

I think the normal pots will fit just fine. I have and old Japanese carved top Dinky with EMGs and I din't remember having long shat posts.

The 18 V mod will push your amp just fine, don't worry. With the 81 I liked it better at 18 volts. The difference is subtle, but th8ngs feel a bit more open and less harsh. When doing the switxh, pay attention to the direction of the current! I did the same once and managed to wire things up in a way that I supplied the EMGs with reverse current ( -18 volts). It fried the preamps in both pickups instantly...

Comment

Ok cool thanks. And thanks for the extra tip. Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Working...
      X