No announcement yet.

Custom 5 with tighter bottom end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You, sir, just made a Seymour Duncan Super Distortion. Seriously. The DiMarzio SuperD has a similar number of winds in the same DC range (13.68k = SuperD, 14.1k = Custom) but has a double-thick ceramic. I'm really surprised this hasn't become an option on the Duncan menu.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
      Full Shred should do the trick. About the same wind but with the hex-screws.
      Exactly the same wind and magnet, different pole pieces

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
        Full Shred should do the trick. About the same wind but with the hex-screws.
        An even easier trick is just put a row of hexes in the Custom 5 and pull it towards a Demon/Shred sound. Don't even have to loosen the strings or pull the pickup.

Comment

While I don't necessarily think they sound like the C5 (which definitely has it's own particular character), I think trying the Omega or especially the Duncan Custom with it's tighter low end would be worth a go. Ceramic is going to be key.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
            You, sir, just made a Seymour Duncan Super Distortion. Seriously. The DiMarzio SuperD has a similar number of winds in the same DC range (13.68k = SuperD, 14.1k = Custom) but has a double-thick ceramic. I'm really surprised this hasn't become an option on the Duncan menu.
            It’s funny, within 5-7 days, I tried the SH-5, then the above mentioned double thick, and then A8.
            The 8 is staying now. Sounds like it was made for it. Juicy, gooey goodness. Tight yet still spongey. Meaty but still fit. Rude and naughty, but still a hot piece of class. Like a fine ass PAWG.

Comment

PATB-1 might do the trick.
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Working...
              X