Wiring diagram assistance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring diagram assistance.

A while back I found a diagram for two humbuckers and a five way super switch. It allowed you to do this:

1. Neck humbucker
    2. neck humbucker and bridge humbucker split outer coils
    3. Neck and bridge humbuckers
    4. Neck and bridge humbucker split inner coils
    5. Bridge humbucker

Of anyone knows where I can find this diagram again, I’d sure appreciated it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
    2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
    2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Originally posted by SFW View Post
    A while back I found a diagram for two humbuckers and a five way super switch. It allowed you to do this:

1. Neck humbucker
    2. neck humbucker and bridge humbucker split outer coils
    3. Neck and bridge humbuckers
    4. Neck and bridge humbucker split inner coils
    5. Bridge humbucker

Of anyone knows where I can find this diagram again, I’d sure appreciated it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guitarelectronics.com
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

This is it. I had downloaded it previously.

Its not exactly as you describe. Position 2 is Neck Inner and Bridge Outer. And the reverse arrangement for Position 4. If you physically rotate the Neck pickup 180 degrees in its mounting ring, then you'll get Both Outers in Position 2 and Both Inners in Position 4. Positions 2 and 4 are hum-canceling due to combining coils of different magnetic polarity.

If rotating the pickup is a no-go for you, you would need a pickup with a magnet flip and a different wiring diagram if you want Positions 2 and 4 to be hum-canceling. There is a recent thread by Mincernin this forum named something like "my do it all wiring" that has the diagram you need in Reply #76.

If you don''t care about Positions 2 and 4 being free of 60 cycle hum, then theres a 3rd diagram you could use that I could dig up for you, if you're interested.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PicsArt_03-31-02.35.42.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.2 KB ID:	6101105
      Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 08-03-2021, 08:28 PM.
      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

This is my 'Do It All' wiring, I think, which was corrected by Jack and Artie in this thread (3d post down). It requires a flipped neck magnet if you want all positions to be in phase and humbucking.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X