Black/white Slash pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black/white Slash pickups?

Were there any blk/wht Slash pickups? All I find is blk/creme and a guitar for sale that I'm looking at shows Slash SD pickups with silver base plates and the sig on the back as well as tape wrapped on the back like I've seen on a lot of them. The issue is the pics show them to be white, not creme.

Is it possible it's just the lighting? I messaged the seller and was told they'd check the guitar and get back with me but they never did. So are there any blk/wht SD Slash pickups? I've yet to see any so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210807-083521_Reverb.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	6101965 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210807-082454_Reverb.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	6101966 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210807-083525_Reverb.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	6101967 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210807-083529_Reverb.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	6101968
    Last edited by Wound_Up; 08-07-2021, 07:36 AM.
    JC
    -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
    -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
    -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
    -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
    -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
    -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Should be possible as Custom Floor Model
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I’m split in shop floor custom. For example, my understanding is you can’t do Antiquities in something other than how they are made (like 4 conductor), but you can have a custom pickup with the sale winding, DunAging, etc. It wouldn’t be labeled as an Antiquity though.

What if the color is off and it’s really this? Did you ask if it’s white or cream?

Click image for larger version

Name:	97B06703-A4F6-459A-BEED-881F84212634.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	6102048

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Actually the colors are flipped too (black should be closest to bridge). I’d be suspicious.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The slash set is zebra/ reverse zebra I believe so the configuration may be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
            The slash set is zebra/ reverse zebra I believe so the configuration may be fine.
            I think what PFDarkside means is that Slash uses a regular zebra bridge - black bobbin towards the bridge - with a reverse zebra neck, whereas this set has a reverse zebra bridge - white bobbin towards the bridge - with a regular zebra neck.
            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post

I think what PFDarkside means is that Slash uses a regular zebra bridge - black bobbin towards the bridge - with a reverse zebra neck, whereas this set has a reverse zebra bridge - white bobbin towards the bridge - with a regular zebra neck.
              He has the neck pickup installed backwards. In the actual pics with more detail, you can see that the screws are installed away from the neck.

Looking at other Slash sets, that doesn't look right. The seller has screws on both white bobbins. Slash pickups have screws on one black bobbin and one white bobbin.
              ​​​​​
              These aren't Slash pickups, are they? Look at the huge, round holes in the bobbins instead of the rounded square that they're supposed to have. That's not right, either.

They're fake, aren't they? Looks like I can take that off my list. I started to make an offer around $150 less than they're asking since I believe they're counterfeit. Lol. I'd take it for 275

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210807-194554_Reverb.jpg Views:	1 Size:	30.1 KB ID:	6102095

V's REAL Slash pickups

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210807-195334_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.6 KB ID:	6102096

Originally posted by PFDarkside
              I’m split in shop floor custom. For example, my understanding is you can’t do Antiquities in something other than how they are made (like 4 conductor), but you can have a custom pickup with the sale winding, DunAging, etc. It wouldn’t be labeled as an Antiquity though.

What if the color is off and it’s really this? Did you ask if it’s white or cream?
              I did ask if they were white or creme. The guy never got back to me with that info. He said he would look after work and never messaged me back. I believe I posted this in the first post, also.
              Last edited by Wound_Up; 08-07-2021, 07:06 PM.
              JC
              -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
              -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post

I think the terms are swapped, but yes.

I can’t see well enough to determine, are BOTH pickups reversed? (Studs out and screws in) That would match the set. It’s interesting because the bottoms look correct.

Wound_Up I’d call Duncan on Monday to see if they allow shop floor customs on signature pickups. That’ll be the easiest way to confirm. Even asking here, things could have changed. In the past a “lightly soldered cover”
                meant double cream, now it’s not possible at all.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I think it could be custom floor but if the buddies of the buyer are making more effort to figure this out than the seller that’s usually not a good sign

Do you need something just a little bit special from your pickup but not anything that requires the full Seymour Duncan Custom Shop treatment? If so, there are plenty of little customisations that you can request when you order a regular pickup through your preferred dealer. Called Shop Floor Custom, this service lets you tweak various aspects of your pickup order and we'll make it on the regular shop floor, just for you, alongside our regular production pickups. It's a handy alternative if you want something a little unique but your budget doesn't stretch to 'Custom Shop.'

Edit: the holes do look sketchy

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                    I think it could be custom floor but if the buddies of the buyer are making more effort to figure this out than the seller that’s usually not a good sign

Do you need something just a little bit special from your pickup but not anything that requires the full Seymour Duncan Custom Shop treatment? If so, there are plenty of little customisations that you can request when you order a regular pickup through your preferred dealer. Called Shop Floor Custom, this service lets you tweak various aspects of your pickup order and we'll make it on the regular shop floor, just for you, alongside our regular production pickups. It's a handy alternative if you want something a little unique but your budget doesn't stretch to 'Custom Shop.'

Edit: the holes do look sketchy
                    Pretty sure I figured it out. He took pics of the back of real Slash pickups and combined those pics with pics of the front of these cheap pickups to make a fake set of pickups. I'd be willing to be the backing plate on those is actually blank and likely not nickel silver.

That's why there are no pics of the front of the pickups while not installed. He's using pics of the backs of real Slash's to try and say those blk/wht ones are the real deal. So when you buy the guitar and get it home, you'll pull those pickups and find no Slash sig on the back and no nickel silver baseplate.

I'm about 100% sure that this is what's going on. Not sure why I didn't think of that before now.
                    JC

Comment

Originally posted by Wound_Up View Post

Pretty sure I figured it out. He took pics of the back of real Slash pickups and combined those pics with pics of the front of these cheap pickups to make a fake set of pickups. I'd be willing to be the backing plate on those is actually blank and likely not nickel silver.

That's why there are no pics of the front of the pickups while not installed. He's using pics of the backs of real Slash's to try and say those blk/wht ones are the real deal. So when you buy the guitar and get it home, you'll pull those pickups and find no Slash sig on the back and no nickel silver baseplate.

I'm about 100% sure that this is what's going on. Not sure why I didn't think of that before now.
                      That’s a solid theory!

The custom floor theory is out the window imho since I saw the pickup box in the listing and it’s the normal one.

Comment

Those white coils have no windows. They are not Duncan!
                        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by Wound_Up View Post

I hadn’t seen your response just before mine.

I think you’ve got it figured out.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Good eye, hamerfan. Definitely bogus.
                            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

And somebody should report that seller for fraud.

Comment

Working...
                              X