Nazgul in an Ibanez Sabre?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nazgul in an Ibanez Sabre?

Anyone ever put a Naz in an S-series guitar? O another thin, mahogany body? Bought an S7521 that has Quantums in it, but thinking I might swap the bridge for a Nazgul. I've had the Naz in a few basswood body Jacksons and loved it. But, just not sure how the thinner/denser body will affect the tone.

Given how sharp, even piercing the eq of the Naz is, I can imagine it will be great. I have it in a (supposedly) mahogany Jackson King V and it slays. Make sure to have a matching neck pu though for leads and cleans!

Comment

What don't you like about the current pickup? The Nazgul is great if all you use is tons of down-tuned distortion, and no cleans ever. It is great for that. If your guitar has any annoying high frequencies, it will accentuate that. If it needs cut to get through all the gain, it is the right pickup.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have the Nazgul in a thin mahogany Schecter Omen Extreme tuned to D standard. It sounds killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          What don't you like about the current pickup? The Nazgul is great if all you use is tons of down-tuned distortion, and no cleans ever. It is great for that. If your guitar has any annoying high frequencies, it will accentuate that. If it needs cut to get through all the gain, it is the right pickup.
          The Quantums aren't terrible, but they don't handle the low end all that well and get a little mushy in certain frequency ranges. Like I said in the OP, I've loved the Nazgul in other guitars, but they were bigger, basswood bodies so I'm just not sure how the Naz will respond in a Sabre. But, I'm going to pull that trigger and see what happens. Worst case I'll just swap it back out again.

Comment

If you need tight lows, I'd actually recommend the Pegasus instead. As a bonus, it does a lot of things really well.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              If you need tight lows, I'd actually recommend the Pegasus instead. As a bonus, it does a lot of things really well.
              Thanks. I had a Pegasus before but didn't like it as much as the Nazgul, though.

Comment

Working...
              X