banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seth Lovers Jim, but not as we know them...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Lovers Jim, but not as we know them...

Ive always liked Seth Lover's, so when I was offered a pair of bridge position Seth Lovers I jumped at the opportunity. Apparently they were a custom order, and as such were hotter (8.3 k ohms) wax potted with four way wiring for all the split, series, parallel wiring options.
    Anyone know anything about these unusual Duncan Seth Lovers ?

​​​​​​​

8.3k doesn't sound super-hot, TBH. The rest of the stuff all sounds like shop-floor custom options.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

i have some 4 cond seths, shop floor custom. cool pups for sure

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        i have some 4 cond seths, shop floor custom. cool pups for sure
        Are these shop floor custom options available for all Duncan pickups ?

Comment

for the most part, yes.

Comment

My Seths are 4 conductor wiring, but they were a custom order. Wonderful pickups.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Pictures front and back would be a better way to confirm.

Comment

+1 about 8.3k as being not super hot: one of the last stock Seth B's that I've measured was @ 8.2k and would have exhibited a higher DCR in a hot climate.
                The "custom" aspect seems to be in wax and 4 wires cables (plus the fact to have two bridge models if both exhibite the same DCR in this "Set of Seth's").

+1 also about the fact that Seths are cool pickups. Enjoy!
                Last edited by freefrog; 08-09-2021, 01:01 PM.
                Duncan user since the 80's...

Comment

Most of the country is pretty warm right now; that might have something to do with the DCR.
                  Pickups always read a little hotter for me in the Summertime.

I have a pair of Antiquities that seem a little thin when I switch guitars.
                  Been thinking about replacing the aged mags, basically making them Seth Lovers.
                  "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

The underside of these S Lovers are identical to my earlier models, so they are not from the custom shop. What I was told by the seller is that they were ordered for a guitar being developed/constructed by the custom shop of a US guitar company. He didnt specify which.
                    Under the covers they are both double whites.

As you rightly pointed out, the temperature can really mess with your dc readings, its just that my previous S Lovers which are 1990's.production measure approx 7 and 8 k respectively. This is why I was surprised to find a reading of approx 8.3 k with temperature precautions taken.

I should stress that Im not concerned, just genuinely curious and btw, really greatful for your experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X