• Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Tried This Wiring?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiring Diagrams _ Seymour Duncan.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	6102287
    If you have, do you like the darkness of the neck pickup afterwards?
    sigpic Wes
    Originally posted by Robert S.
    I love you too Charlie!
    Now I have to find a way to gouge out my minds eye.

Yeah I've tried it. The dark neck pickup sounds nice, but it's a vary narrow sound as far as versatility goes. I know a guy in a jazz band, and the only time I've ever heard him use it was at a concert doing a cover of Wrapped Around Your Finger for Graham Breedlove. That's out of the three times I've heard him perform live, so take that in mind.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

It is an interesting sound, but not one I could see using much. I wouldn't give up one of the other switch positions for it.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

There more than 2 versions of the Dark Circuit, but both were used to play fake bass lines with the guitar. Not a thing you would do today.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

If you’re interested in non-standard Tele wiring, try out a 4 way switch. It adds both pickups in series, which is super cool. A friend of mine tried out the Tele Plus I did this to, and he thought it sounded like a Les Paul. I don’t disagree.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

If it's similar to the sound of the front position of an esquire it sounds great with fuzzes.

Comment

A single cap alone doesn't make a great dark circuit. It's 100% Woman Tone and nothing else, which you can already get by rolling off the tone. The Esquire version with an RC network of 2 caps and a resistor (except applied to the neck pickup), IME, leaks a little treble and sounds like an archtop acoustic if you strum by the neck. The scratch of the strings comes through like an acoustic. Does jazz stuff and a little woman tone reasonably well.

Comment

Working...
              X