Volume knob issue with Apollo pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume knob issue with Apollo pickups

I installed the Apollo pickups in my Squier Jazz Bass, and it sounds AWESOME, but something weird is going on...the neck volume knob now controls the volume of the top 2 strings, and the bridge knob controls the volume of the bottom 2 strings. Is this normal???

I know exactly whats going on, it would be easier to explain if you showed me a picture of the inside of your guitar.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
      I know exactly whats going on, it would be easier to explain if you showed me a picture of the inside of your guitar.
      I am having trouble uploading pictures...basically in the original wiring, both black wires of the two pickups went to the neck volume pot, whereas in the diagram in the instructions (which I followed), they are separated into the neck and bridge pots, respectively. The white wires go to their respective volume pots in both the original wiring as well as instructions.
      Last edited by whiskeyloaf; 08-10-2021, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whiskeyloaf View Post

both black wires of the two pickups went to the neck volume pot
        Make this change and it should work. Both black wires from the neck pickup should go to the same place
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

Make this change and it should work. Both black wires from the neck pickup should go to the same place
          Well there is only 1 black wire per pickup. Each pickup has 1 black wire, 1 white wire, and 1 ground. I'm guessing you mean I should attached the black wires of both pickups to the neck pot? (like in the original pickup wiring)

Comment

is that the diagram you are using?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              yes it is

Comment

if you tap on the pole pieces of the pups, do they all sound about the same volume?

Comment

if you tap on the pole pieces of the pups, do they all sound about the same volume?
                  I will give it a try tonight and let you know!

Comment

Ok I have narrowed down the issue and have more clarification. The bridge pickup is not picking up the top two strings, everything else is working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by whiskeyloaf View Post

Ok I have narrowed down the issue and have more clarification. The bridge pickup is not picking up the top two strings, everything else is working fine.
                      Could it be a faulty pickup?

Comment

sounds like one of the coils in the bridge pup isnt working. did you buy this new?

Comment

sounds like one of the coils in the bridge pup isnt working. did you buy this new?
                          I got it from ebay, the description is that it is a store display model

Comment

id contact the seller and try and get a refund or replacement. if that isnt an option, its possible that the internal connection between the coils is the issue? ive not been inside one of these

Comment

Working...
                            X