LR Baggs X-Bridge Science Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR Baggs X-Bridge Science Project

Good Morning! I'm in the process of adding an LR Baggs X-Bridge to an MIM Strat. As a pre-amp, I've removed the guts from an old Fishman Pro-EQ, and I'm mounting that in the pickguard of the Strat. My local guitar shop (shout out to Moze Guitars in La Mesa, CA!) is routing out the body, and a friend of mine is cutting and engraving the pickguard with his laser engraver. The Fishman is going to mount jut below the neck and center pickups.The guitar currently has 2 Little '59's in the bridge and neck positions, and an RPRW APS-1 in the center. I'm blending the pre-amp and the magnetics with a 500K blend pot. I just wanted to check with the techs in this forum, to make sure that I'm not missing anything? For some reason, I'm not able to upload pics, so I'll try that on a second post...

Is there a reason why you're going with a a full pre-amp instead of something like the Fishman Powerchip?
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Hi Benjy, it's so I can have more on-board control of the piezo tone, otherwise you almost have to run out through a pedal, or split it to a completely different amp, and I'm waaay too lazy to drag 2 amps to gigs...

Comment

Originally posted by magillver View Post
        Hi Benjy, it's so I can have more on-board control of the piezo tone, otherwise you almost have to run out through a pedal, or split it to a completely different amp, and I'm waaay too lazy to drag 2 amps to gigs...
        Take a DI box for the acoustic sounds and run it through the PA. A piezo through an electric amp is going to sound like a piezo through an electric amp, not like a facsimile of an acoustic guitar.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post

Take a DI box for the acoustic sounds and run it through the PA. A piezo through an electric amp is going to sound like a piezo through an electric amp, not like a facsimile of an acoustic guitar.
          This is the way that I do it. I use a DI box to a PA, but add compression and reverb.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Oh, I know it's not going to sound 'acoustic', but it'll give me little bit of that edge. One of my guitars is a Carvin AE185, 2 hb's and a piezo under the saddle, blend with the magnetics, and a single-knob tone control for the magnetics, and one for the piezo. If I were playing REAL gigs, I'd absolutely look at the DI solution, but the gigs these days, I describe as 'just ignore those 2 guys in the corner...', no PA, just guitars and amps...

Comment

Working...
            X