Godin XTSA pickup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godin XTSA pickup help

Looking to replace the stock pickups in my godin for something a little more hotter output.The pickup combo would be HSH. Looking to playing classic metal like metallica and prog metal like dream theater. Any help would be appreciated.
    specs
    • Body - Silver Leaf Maple Center with Poplar Wings
    • Top - Premium grade veneer of Figured Maple
    • Neck - Mahogany
    • Fingerboard - Ebony

Distortion/SSL-2/PGn would be my choice.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post
      Distortion/SSL-2/PGn would be my choice.
      Distortions are one of my top choices for bridge. I cant figure out if i need a trembucker or not any suggestions?

Comment

Sentient and Pegasus. It can do a range of metal from standard to lower tunings without mushing out.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

PATB-2b Parallel Axis Distortion bridge pickup. STK-S4m in middle, & PATB-1n in neck. (PA-STK1n would match pickup appearance in middle, but you'd likely have to widen the middle pickup route a bit for the different coil shape, and most people tend to avoid wanting to do that on a pretty top.)

Odds are it's Trembucker. Most guitars are Fender or Floyd spaced. You can measure center of low E to center of high E in millimeters. If it's 49-50, go with an SH or Gibson spacing, if it's 51mm or more, go with a Trembucker. Pickups for Fender or Floyd bridges are typically 52-53mm, and those are more common, even from Gibson/Epiphone than classic Gibson spacing.

Comment

Working...
          X