HB to go with Alnico III singles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post

Good thought! I used to have it painted white & red ala "The Wall". The dye was made from a tumeric paste (tumeric + water) that I rubbed all over to make it yellow, wiped it off, and then thinned out some blue food coloring and rubbed that on until I liked the deepness of the green. Curiosity satiated! Then a single coat of polyurethane.
    That's wild! As I read that paragraph I got to "tumeric paste" and stopped. Why isn't the entire thing yellow? Then I read on. It has a bit of that ceruse (? think that's the term) vibe.
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Ceruse! I had to Google it. Glad it has a bit of sophistication in the presentation, lol. I honestly had a blast creating patterns with the blowtorch to remove paint in some areas, crackle the stock poly in others, build out interlocking color areas... and then rip it all off to play with food dye, lol.

Bonus is that after the food dye, the tone is much juicier, meatier, and spicier.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Working...
      X