banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve’s Special or PRS SE 85/15S for bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve’s Special or PRS SE 85/15S for bridge?

Regarding the bridge position, is anyone familiar with both these pickups that can offer info about how similar or different they might be? Is one hotter/compressed, are they EQed similarly etc. Might be an obscure question so thanks for any input.

Following.

I used a Steve's Special many moons ago when I was a fresh DIY'er so I don't remember much about it. Have 85/15s currently and it's a love/hate. They sound absolutely fantastic - very close to my Gibson PAFs in HB mode, very close to my Broadcaster/Telecaster single coils in single coil mode but with a little extra high end sparkle. Tons of different sounds in there with volume and tone knob adjustment, in fact I'll regularly play with either or both knobs down as low as 1 or 2 just because it sounds cool. Very dynamic. The hate part comes from wanting them to excel at one thing rather than be good at two things, but that's probably all in my head.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Working...
    X