banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mounting a classic 59 and two little 59's to a strat pickguard...how to position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mounting a classic 59 and two little 59's to a strat pickguard...how to position?

classic 59 bridge humbucker in the bridge...the screw bobbins will face the bridge
    two little 59 neck pickups for middle and neck
    the bridge humbucker will be split for series/parallel/split
    the neck and mid will NOT be split

how do i position these so that they are balanced and not out of phase...usually the neck pup screw bobbins face the neck, but the little 59's have screw bobbins on both coils
    do I just position the mid and neck so that the seymour duncan logo is not upside down?? (again these are bothg Seymour Duncan Little 59 Neck pickups)

Position in the guitar does not determine phase, so you can mount it normally with the logo facing the right way.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

EXCELLENT, THANK YOU FOR THE INFO...

Comment

IIRC SD told me if you coil split by grounding the red and white wires, i.e. the normal way, then the north coil remains active. The single coil SDs are configured as "souths" so you'll get hum canceling mixing a coil split north with the middle south. Hope that helps.

Comment

Even if you don't want split tone from the narrow ones, you might consider autosplitting the middle in position 4.
          That way when you choose split mode on the bridge pickup you might get something akin to quack.
          As ThreeChordWonder has pointed out, it would be hum-cancelling.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
          X