Duncan for Kramer Baretta Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan for Kramer Baretta Special

Looking to try something different in my Black Kramer Baretta Special. I have 3 of these guitars and I have a JB in one and the others are stock. Need suggestions for this single pickup and volume guitar for metal. Probably not be using much cleans with this one. There's a few pickups I was thinking about...

Nazgūl
    Black Winter
    Invader
    Custom

Out of all those I'm leaning more towards the Black Winter. Should be interesting with no tone pot and just a volume. Thoughts?

If it were me, I’d do Black Winter, of those choices. Custom would be my second choice of those. I do not have experience with the Nazgul or Invader.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      If it were me, I’d do Black Winter, of those choices. Custom would be my second choice of those. I do not have experience with the Nazgul or Invader.
      I have experience with the Nazgūl and Invader but not in a single humbucker guitar with one volume.

Comment

Of those my top two choices would be the BW then the Custom, had the Nazgul, didnt like it, but it was the 7 string version and had an Invader yrs ago, ehh. I prefer the Distortion over the Invader and think the BW is a modern Distortion
        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400
        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I'd go with the Custom myself but another one to add to that list is the Jason Becker Perpetual Burn.

Comment

PATB-2. You can thank me later!
            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I would do Custom or Distortion in one of those. Otherwise it would be a JB but you have that covered already.

Comment

I think I'm going to flip a quarter. Black Winter heads and the Custom tails...

Comment

Custom it is

Comment

I got the Custom installed. I was wanting a zebra but settled on just black. This pickup sure did change the tone on this guitar. Beefy with sweet sustain. I like it more than the JB. I may install a push pull pot later on. The Custom rocks!

Comment

IMO it's WAY better than the JB, and I usually don't even like ceramic magnets.
                      Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

How bright/cutting do you want to go?
                        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

The Custom is a good choice. Keep an A5 magnet around to swap for a more scooped (but equally heavy) sound.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            The Custom is a good choice. Keep an A5 magnet around to swap for a more scooped (but equally heavy) sound.
                            The pickup I removed was alinco 5, so I could use that.

Comment

Working...
                            X