Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me pick a magnet for my A2Pro bridge

Folks,

I gave the A2Pro bridge a try and it just isn’t for me. I get what it does but I really prefer something like a custom hybrid.

My gripes are: too warm (perfect for the neck for me but not the bridge) and slightly low output. The latter is minor but generally I prefer the bridge to have higher output than the neck (I have it with a matching A2Pro in the neck that I love).

Before swapping it I thought I could try some magnets. I first thought trying an A5 to try a Jazz Bridge (never tried it) but then I wondered about A8 here. I have no experience with A8.

What do you guys think?

A8 sux. Try something else that you haven't tried such as A6.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

rough cast A5 maybe, so it still kind of matches with the neck a bit. Jazz bridge would be too different.

Comment

What about UOA5? It should theoretically be halfway between an A2P and Jazz.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
          A8 sux. Try something else that you haven't tried such as A6.
          as always, Clint is right

A6 is a solid choice in for an A2 pro bridge, particularly if its too warm / smooth and you want a little bit more bite, but you still want it to be nice and fat sounding

Addiction Fx sells normal A6 bar mags
          Philadelphia Luthiers sells extra thick A6 mags for use in Lipstick pickups that actually do wonderful things to a bridge humbucker
          Gibson LP, Burstbucker 3 A6, 490R A4
          Gibson LP, Pearly Gates A6, Sentient A4
          Gibson LP BFG, Burstbucker A8, P90
          Gibson SG special T, GFS Crunchy Mini, Gibson mini A3
          Strat SSS, SD STK-6 , SSL1 middle, Bootstrap Sparkle Neck
          Strat HSS hardtail, Perpetual Burn A6, Bootstrap Sparkle mid/neck
          Tele, DMZ Area Hot T, Gibson Mini A3
          Tele, DMZ Pegasus A2, Gibson Mini A3
          Jackson V, SD Pegasus bridge, 490R A5
          PRS SE CU24: Air Norton A2, 490R A3

Comment

Certainly try a regular ol' A5 before you give up on this wind.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

A6 is a solid advise. I have one in a 59B and one in a PGB. Both are great and better than the stock.
              Last edited by hamerfan; 11-01-2021, 08:05 AM.
              I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

I'd say a regular thickness ceramic.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks folks! I’m going to order an A6 apart from an A5. It looks like I still won’t have experience with A8 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                    Thanks folks! I’m going to order an A6 apart from an A5. It looks like I still won’t have experience with A8 lol
                    Yes and report back how you like it. If you dont, send it to me and give you an A8 out of my stash any day.

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post

Yes and report back how you like it. If you dont, send it to me and give you an A8 out of my stash any day.
                      Sounds like a plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ok bois, the swap is done! I’m going to let it simmer in its magnetic juices overnight and report back tomorrow.
                        Last edited by Blille; 11-05-2021, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                          rough cast A5 maybe, so it still kind of matches with the neck a bit. Jazz bridge would be too different.
                          But maybe he want a really bright bridge to contrast and mix with a fat neck pup. I do that.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I think for $10 you could get an A2, an A3, an A4, an A5, a roughcast A5, a UOA5 and an A8 and go hog wild. Try them all!
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                              I think for $10 you could get an A2, an A3, an A4, an A5, a roughcast A5, a UOA5 and an A8 and go hog wild. Try them all!
                              You forgot the A6!
                              But Blille will soon report back.

Comment

Working...
                              X