banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STK-S2's - modding cream covers to fit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STK-S2's - modding cream covers to fit???

Hey all!

I am picking up my 4th ESP LTD ST-213, and am on the fence on which pickups I wanna put in it. I am leaning right now towards an SSL-5 RWRP middle & an SSL-3 neck (pairing those with a Hot Rails in the bridge...), as I can get cream covers for those to match the cream Hot Rails I found for cheap... HOWEVER... I originally wanted to get 2x STK-S2 Hot Stack Strat pickups for the middle and neck positions... My only issue is that there aren't cream covers for the STK-S2's...

So my question is this: Would I be able to get a pair of the cream covers and modify them to be able to fit around the blade polepiece & the wiring on the side??? Has anybody done this? Or would I be able to get a set of covers for them right from Duncan???

not sure. i havent had a stks2 in forever and kinda think the construction changed from the old old ones.

Comment

This would probably be a question for SD directly. I know the covers on the STKs don't come off.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        This would probably be a question for SD directly. I know the covers on the STKs don't come off.
        I know the normal style polepiece STK covers don't, but the Hot Stack Strat with the blade polepiece does... I've had a few on one of the Duncan FB groups say it's able to be done, but I will confirm with Duncan today when they open up...

Thanks man, as always!

Comment

Working...
        X