Fender S1 Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender S1 Switch

I have a strat with 3 YJM pickups, 1 vol, 2 tones (1 tone is push-pull for coil splitting all 3 pickups). I'm replacing the push-pull with an Volume/S1 switch.

My issue is I can't find any diagrams that show 3 pickups(Humbucker’s really), coil split for the S1 switch. Anyone have/know of diagrams available?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Just connect ground to 3 of the A poles. Hook the red/white to the same 3 B poles.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      Just connect ground to 3 of the A poles. Hook the red/white to the same 3 B poles.

That explains it perfectly. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Have always thought those are cool. Certainly more versatile than the garden variety switches.
        Been avoiding them so far because some have said they have longterm reliability issues.
        Nice to see they've come down a lot in price - until recently they used to be quite expensive.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I love the S1 switch. You are limited to Strat or Tele knobs, but it works a lot better than a push/pull, which are hard to grab.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

^ Which is why I use push-pushes on Strats - slippery knobs (ooh-err missus!). Not a problem on Teles though.

Comment

Working...
            X