The Nazgūl. Holy Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
    Still think it's cool you kept the TSL over the DSL. Many people these days automatically dismiss that amp due to forum bs.
    The TSL has ALL the right stuff!
    I've actually bought and sold off 3 DSLs ha ha! ...and a few Peavey's, and a Mesa.......
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
      and a Mesa.......
      Blasphemy!
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post

Excellent! I can TOTALLY hear that in the mix. Speaking of which, do put something with bass/drums and that in the tips/clips!!!

That LP looks so casual, but just sounds evil.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Excellent! I can TOTALLY hear that in the mix. Speaking of which, do put something with bass/drums and that in the tips/clips!!!

That LP looks so casual, but just sounds evil.
          you got it.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
            Where I think it really shines is when using copious gain levels (boosted hi-gain amps), where many pickups would make for some mush and fizz.
            It's also great for basswood guitars and those who tune low with very light string-tension through boosted amps.
            That's me to a T. Love my Nazgul 7. Haven't tried a 6 string version of one though. Don't really have a guitar to put one in, but if I did, I would.

Comment

Put this together today:
              learned how to add video to Reaper.
              Yay for my old brain learning new things.

Comment

Nazgul was my favorite. DD second.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianSD View Post
                  Loads of harmonics, I'd like it to bark and scream, but without slicing through my brain with too much high end. For leads I like a round, friendly sound, perhaps low mid focused(?) I love the Black Winter, Custom8 and JB8, looking at something else in the ballpark with more low mids but without turning everything to mud under gain. It doesn't have to be extremely precise, if it's a bit chewy & squishy, like a sedated rat chewing on the wound strings, it's great
                  I actually just pulled a Custom8 out of a maple neck Les Paul (2013 LPJ) and installed a PATB-1. It sounded really good with the Custom8, but after a few years, I got tired of the stiffer feel of the A8 and found myself drawn more and more to pickups with A5s. The PATB-1 sounds fantastic in this guitar and is going nowhere now. It’s got rich harmonics and is more organic sounding that the C8, and the highs are nice and smooth on leads and the low end is still plenty tight. I play with a lot of gain, and this pickup handles it like a champ. Great all around hard rock pickup. Kind of in the JB vein but with tighter lows and without than nasally upper mid spike.

Comment

Working...
                  X