Single coils to go with '78

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single coils to go with '78

Looking for some single coils pickup suggestions. Im putting together an HSS partscaster and I've ordered a '78 for the bridge. It's an alder body, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard with ss frets. Bridge is a standard 6-post Strat tremolo.

I'm kinda thinking about trying a set of antiquities (though not sure which ones to try, maybe Texas hots to match the A2 in the 78?), but any and all recommendations would be great.

if i was going antiquities, id go surfers since they are more of the classic fender tone, but the texas hots are really nice too and, as you said, might match the 78 better. the 78 will be a little hotter than either of em but you can mitigate that by adjusting heights if you want to try and get a little more balance

Comment

I'd say Surfers if it has to be Antiquities and match a 78. The '78 is thin and bright. In Alder/Maple i'd expect it to be moreso. Texas Hots won't match that. They are smooth, not bright and twangy. Don't go by the magnets. Go by the sound.

Comment

the texas hots are still pretty bright in the grand scheme of things, though warmer than the surfers for sure. if you are using 250k pots, i think either would work.

Comment

How about something in a vintage wind with A3 poles?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X