• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimmyO View Post

Awesome, thanks for the help!
    No prob!

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
      Starting with 1 is a good idea because it's a small change and requires minimal faffing. To add 2 you have to get the hookup lead out of the way that you see pictured on the left.
      How is this done? Does the hookup lead need to be run underneath the baseplate, or is there room for it and the magnet?

Comment

Switch to a 500k volume pot to give the custom custovm just a little more sparkle
        “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

Originally posted by skelt101 View Post
          How is this done? Does the hookup lead need to be run underneath the baseplate, or is there room for it and the magnet?
          The hookup lead attaches to the coils on the side of the coils and then is run under 1 of the coils and then out a hole on the bottom of the baseplate. All you do is pull it out from the hole and run it directly out the side instead. There's not room for it and a magnet.

Comment

So figured things out. Custom custom and pearly gates came out and in went a JB Trembucker and Jazz neck. Perfect for this guitar. Increased harmonics and tighter sound, a bit higher definition. Originally the custom custom and pg were doing pretty good but ended up putting in a FU tone big brass block and a new warmoth neck (original one was really thin and wide like a lollipop stick and giving me hand pain). With these new parts the guitar was really rich and thick sounding which the custom custom accentuated.

The JB paired with either a jazz or 59 is like the sound of Rock to me, and can cover a range of music. Very commonly used but it just seems to work for me and now have this combination in 4 of my guitars.

Comment

JB will sizzle it for sure. Great pickup for us midrange junkies!

Comment

Working...
              X