banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RG7620 owners with actives: 707 upgrades, suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RG7620 owners with actives: 707 upgrades, suggestions??

Hey guys!

So I recently made a wicked score I couldn't say no to: a '99 Ibanez RG7620 for $575!! It has a set of EMG 707's in it which I like, but I'm feeling they could be better... I've used the 707's in Basswood bodied guitars for a while now and like the balanced tonality of the combination. But with this RG, I feel it could be a bit tighter: a tighter, deeper low end/bass response & a smoother, more refined high end - especially on the high strings...

I'm trying to find some good comparison videos between the following sets and am coming up short... Im considering:
    *EMG 57-7/66-7
    *SD EMTY Blackouts set
    *SD Jeff Loomis set

I'm not considering the Fishman Fluence series as I have a few different models of them in other guitars and I'm not 100% sold on them like a lot of people are. And rhe last time I tried the SD Dino Cazares Retribution, I pulled them out to put the 707's back in...

I want to keep the actives in this one, since it already has all the wiring, pots, switch and has been routed for the soaobars. That, and I have a '99 Ibanez Universe UV777Bk with passives in it for the difference between the two...

So for anyone out there with an Ibanez RG7620 and with actives, what's your pickup of choice???
Working...
X