Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele Quarter Pounder Bridge for Left Handed

Hi just have question about a quarter pounder for Tele in bridge position

I recently installed one in a left handed guitar and I noticed that the 6th string is so much louder than the rest of the strings, just the 6th (in a lefty guitar).

has anyone experienced the same? Could be that the magnet is stronger for the 1st string (in a right handed model)??
    I really love the tone of that pickup and if is that true I don’t mind to drill new holes to flip the pickup.

thanks a lot!!

Are the pole pieces flat or staggered?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Hi! They’re flat, I think quarter pounder are flats

even lowering the height of the pickup still is louder

Last edited by Jbaena; 01-31-2022, 06:52 AM.

Comment

that pole shouldnt be stronger than the others. ive had a few qp flat tele bridge pups and never noticed this issue, granted im not a lefty. i just checked the poles on my stl3 and they were basically all the same strength

Comment

Can you check to see if that particular pole is stronger than the others? You can do this unscientifically with something that is metal.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It has sense if the pole is stronger for the 1st string on a right handed, but when is flipped for a lefty, the 6th becomes a sonic destruction weapon.
            I just want to be sure before drilling new holes in the bridge to flip the pickup. All my guitars have flipped pickups, specially if they’re staggered, but on a Tele bridge is more complicated.

I tried thicker strings over the other poles but is not an issue between magnet-string gauge.

You know how can we ask about this to Seymour Duncan?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              that pole shouldnt be stronger than the others. ive had a few qp flat tele bridge pups and never noticed this issue, granted im not a lefty. i just checked the poles on my stl3 and they were basically all the same strength
              I returned a set because I thought the bridge pickup was faulty, I got after only the bridge pickup and I had the same problem… being a lefty is a problem by itself

Comment

that seems odd to me. same guitar with the set and just the bridge pup?

Comment

Originally posted by Jbaena View Post

You know how can we ask about this to Seymour Duncan?
                  Give them a call:

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                  X