Perpetual Burn Vs. PATB-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perpetual Burn Vs. PATB-1

Has anyone compared these two? It seems like they’d be in the same ballpark given how I usually hear them described. I have and really like the PATB-1, and I’m thinking a Perpetual Burn should be next on my list. SD’s website shows the PATB-1 being a bit hotter, which makes sense, but the EQ curves look pretty similar to me.
    Last edited by SweetClyde99; 01-31-2022, 04:44 PM.

I'm kinda biting my tongue, because I don't play in a band. I play only at home at medium to low volume. But the PATB-1 and PB are probably my two favorite pups in the entire Duncan line.

I would say . . . the PATB-1 stays clean no matter what volume setting. The PB is also clean, but can get nasty as you crank the volume.

Does that make any sense?

Comment

That sounds encouraging. I’m mostly playing low to mid volume on my own these days too. I do some writing/recording on my computer, which is the only area where I’d need to worry about a mix, but the PATB-1 hasn’t given me any trouble in that department.

Do you perceive much difference in the low end or is that part of the nastiness you’re describing (I assumed that was more in the upper frequencies)? I do a lot of palm muting, so low end is pretty important to me. I’ve heard them both described as tighter than a JB, so I suspect the PB would be fine in that department but wanted to check.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetClyde99 View Post
        Do you perceive much difference in the low end or is that part of the nastiness you’re describing (I assumed that was more in the upper frequencies)?
        Gimme a day or two. I took the PB out, so I could put in a Bill & Becky, (Lawrence), XL500. I'll put the PB back in, and then compare them side-by-side. Hopefully, an actual musician will chime in the mean time.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Gimme a day or two. I took the PB out, so I could put in a Bill & Becky, (Lawrence), XL500. I'll put the PB back in, and then compare them side-by-side. Hopefully, an actual musician will chime in the mean time.
          That’s kind of you, but you really don’t have to go through all the trouble. You could also sell me the PB instead of reinstalling it.
          Last edited by SweetClyde99; 01-31-2022, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetClyde99 View Post

That’s kind of you, but you really don’t have to go through all the trouble. You could also sell me the PB instead of reinstalling it.
            Ok. How much? Ball's in your court.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Ok. How much? Ball's in your court.
              Well, your overly elaborate sales tactic worked. I’m about 80% sure I sent you an offer (the site was being weird when I clicked send). I probably should have inquired about color, but I assumed it’s black or covered or something reasonably normal.

Comment

PM sent. Uhm. It's white. If that's a problem, then no prob.

Comment

Working...
                X